- Clean heels to be repaired with alcohol wipe, make sure your hands are free of oils etc.
- Fold Heel Candy wrap in half (color side out) lengthwise creating a crease.
- Place wrap at top of your heel, measure and mark at the top of the heel tap – cut off excess material.
- Unfold and remove the backing material from one half of the wrap.
- Align the crease with the ‘middle’ of the heel and press the wrap onto the heel smoothing as you go.
- Using a blow dryer, gently heat half of the wrap material (about 2 – 3 seconds should do).
- Press wrap onto heel using your fingers to smooth the crease and form wrap around the shape of the heel.
- Starting in the middle of the heel, gently stretch and press the material around your heel, slightly wrapping to the inside.
- Using a nail file, ‘scuff’ the wrap – at the edge that wraps around the side of the heel – to remove excess material.
- Apply a little heat and pressure to the edges of your wrap to ensure it is bonded to your heel.
Tips & Tricks
– To prevent this from happening, we recommend applying a second wrap over the top of the already installed wrap. If you have multiple layers or wraps applied to your heels, you may want to leave the first wrap in place and just remove the outer layer.
– If you experience wrinkles, simply lift wrap back up, stretch slightly and smooth back down.
– If you experience bubbles, first place your a finger on top of the bubble and press down firmly. This should smooth it out. If the bubble is still there, then lift the wrap towards the bubble and smooth the wrap down again.
– Instead of using a nail file, you can use an Exacto knife on curves that are hard to access with nail file or if you need to trim any excess off that overlaps on the shoe. Be very careful when trimming off excess. Apply light strokes instead of firm ones when dragging the knife, then gently peel away excess.
– Reheat wrap when needed to make wrap more flexible.
– Making sure your hands and heels are free of dirt and oils will assure that the wrap will adhere the best and last longer. Minimize contact with the adhesive side of the wrap where it will come in contact with the shoe.
– For heels that are Curved, extra heat or cutting a small slit to relieve the tension in the sharpest part of the curve.
Heat the wrap with a blow-dryer for about 3 – 5 seconds. Carefully break the seal by getting under the edge of the wrap with your fingernail. Slowly peel the wrap from side to side. If the wrap is not peeling easily or the adhesive is still bonded to the heel, simply apply a little heat in a small section to soften the adhesive as you go.
Heel Candy Wraps is designed to restore already damaged heels. If you applied your wrap over a nicked, cut or scratched heel – where the material was already loose and damaged, removing the wrap material could cause further damage to your heel by peeling off the original heel material.
Applying Heel Candy Wraps to new or undamaged heels could cause damage to the heel material when removing the wrap after having it applied for an extended period of time.
Due to differences in printing methods we can not guarantee that the product colors online are an exact match of the actual Heel Candy Wraps.